AAW President’s Message
RESOLVE – Top 7 Resolutions for 2022
Quick, name your new year’s resolution!
If you asked me to do that at Christmas time, I would have probably filled in something standard like, “lose seven pounds and keep them off,” as I wiped crumbs from the last bite of grandma’s secret recipe for chocolate delight.
In today’s media cycle, January 1st already seems like a full year ago, rather than a few weeks. So how many people remember, let alone act on their resolutions made with good intentions? I do not know the stats but estimate them to be low.
However, I love the root word, RESOLVE. It is THE quality that makes things durable. This RESOLVE is not sheer will power. It is a combination of perspective, will, and practiced behavior involving discipline of ourselves that leads to the change we said we want. It also implies stewardship over time of the changes we wished to see or to make or to experience.
The word embodies my Top 7 Resolutions –
- Relevant – to be capable of dealing with (responding and creating) reality, no matter how messy or chaotic or breathtaking it can be.
- Effective – to hone skills that enable results.
- Spirited – to anticipate and practice seeing many (far more than 2) points of view of the world and its issues.
- Organized – to gather and assemble information and resources in a way that they can be used efficiently and to their best purpose.
- Loving – to show respect and kindness with humility and patience toward everyone. (confession – patience is the most challenging aspect of everything on this list).
- Vital – to discern between substance and noise, between the right course of action and the ‘right now’ sense of urgency.
- Energized – to optimize physical, mental, financial and spiritual health.
In American Agri-Women, it’s a term we’ve used in our courtesy resolutions and in our policy statements…Whereas our organization is created to unite women in agriculture, therefore be it resolved that we create opportunities for their education, networking, leadership development and advocacy efforts.
For my part, I resolve to deliver on these resolutions to the best of my ability and look forward to working with members who share similar RESOLVE in the coming year.
Heather Hampton+Knodle, President
American Agri-Women Mid-Year Meeting!
American Agri-Women hosts an Annual Mid-Year Meeting for those interested in discussing current agricultural issues and policies and voting to create AAW’s Position Statements for the upcoming year, which is the basis for our AAW Legislative Fly-In in June of each year.
AAW’s Mid-Year Meeting will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah ~ March 24-26, 2022
Embassy Suites by Hilton – South Jordan
Each year in November, American Agri-Women hosts a National Convention to bring members and affiliate members together for leadership and professional development sessions, speakers, and to host our annual business meeting.
Mark your calendar for the 48th Annual AAW Convention, Bozeman. Montana ~ November 2-7, 2022
AAW has partnered with Nepris
AAW has partnered with Nepris, to connect industry professionals with K-16 classrooms, so that students see the relevance of what they are learning in school. Nepris connects educators with a vast network of industry professionals to engage students in their learning, expose them to diverse career role models, and prepare them for their future.
Bridging the Gap
Getting on Board
Signing up for Nepris is easy:
1) Go to nepris.com/join/american-agri-women
2) Sign up for a free account
3) Browse the platform and set up an industry chat