Bees play an important role in pollinating many of our fruits, nuts, and vegetables which help contribute to a healthy diet. Since bees are so important to agriculture, we all need to do our part to help them thrive.
Youth ages 15-23 can submit their special event built around the Ag Day is Every Day theme and incorporate messages from Bayer Crop Science’s #FeedaBee initiative (www.feedabee.com). Bayer employees and immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest. The event must meet these qualifications:
- Display the AgDay365 logo (download here) and the Feed a Bee logo (available here) and incorporate the pollinator awareness theme.
- The theme can be added to an existing event or a new event can be planned. Seed packets and other pollinator educational information can be provided upon request.
- The event must be catered to educating and advocating to those outside of agriculture, such as consumers, students, legislators and others.
- The submission must include:
- A 400-word description of the event, including the date, location, participants (coordinators and attendees), activities and outcomes.
- Three photos of the event.
- Three events will be honored, with donations made to the non-profit of their choice and awarded (subject to the discretion of American Agri-Women and Bayer Crop Science).
- First prize – $500
- Second prize – $250
- Third prize – $100