American Agri-Women and Bayer Announce Winners of 2017 ‘Gen Z Speaks Ag’ Advocacy Contest
Winners will be part of the inaugural Gen Z Advisory Panel, advising AAW about trends and issues facing young advocates.
American Agri-Women (AAW) and Crop Science, a division of Bayer, are pleased to announce the winners of the “Gen Z Speaks Ag” advocacy contest as part of AAW’s “AgDay365: Ag Day is Every Day Campaign.” AgDay365 celebrates the fact that everyone is part of agriculture, every day, and the contest encouraged young advocates to make their voices count.
Photography award recipients:
• 3rd Place, Amy Engelhard, Unionville, Mich., – “Second Graders Planting Pumpkins”
• 2nd Place, Mia Orduno, Chandler, Ariz. – “Second Chance”
• 1st Place winner and People’s Choice Ellie Steensma, Lynden, Wash. – “Ag on the Islands”
• People’s Choice, Quincie Gourley, San Luis Obispo, Calif., – “Oink. Oink.”
• People’s Choice, Madison Love, Rushville, Ill. – “FFA Chapter Officers”
Videography award recipients:
• 3rd Place, Kara Linder, Chandler, Ariz. – “Ag Day Every Day” – View Video Here
• 2nd Place, Haley Ammann, Fairmont, Minn. – “Ag 365”- View Video Here
• 1st Place and People’s Choice, Brandon Roiger, Minneapolis, Minn. – “Ag is an Every Day Hope”
– View Video Here
Special event recipients:
• 2nd Place, McKinley Vikings 4-H Club, Frederic, Wis., – “Annual Corn Feed” event
• 1st Place, Students and FFA members from Barron, Prairie Farm and Cumberland Schools in Wisconsin, – “Food for America” program
Pollinator education event:
• 2nd Place, McKinley Vikings 4-H Club, Frederic, Wis., – “Pollinator Week and Beyond”
• 1st Place, Sissy Sugarman, Encinitas, Calif., – “The Honey Bee Road Show”
The winners are also invited to be part of AAW’s inaugural Gen Z advisory panel. The goal is to collaborate with young advocates to learn about issues and concerns they have for agriculture, their careers, etc., so AAW can develop programming and policies for ag’s future leaders.Major inaugural sponsors of AgDay365 include Farm Credit; Caterpillar; Bayer; Crop Science, a division of Bayer; and CCI Marketing. The campaign is continuing into 2018 and sponsorships are available. Please contact Doris Mold, email@example.com, for more information.
About American Agri-Women
American Agri-Women promotes the welfare of our national security through a safe and reliable food, fiber and energy supply. For more than 40 years, AAW members have worked together to educate consumers; advocate for agriculture; and offer networking and professional development opportunities. Go to the AAW web site for more information and to join, www.americanagriwomen.org. Find AAW on social media at: Facebook.com/AgriWomen/ and Twitter.com/Women4Ag/ (@Women4Ag). AAW also hosts the “Women4Ag” Facebook page for consumer information and the “AgDay365” Facebook page for campaign updates.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In fiscal 2016, the Group employed around 115,200 people and had sales of EUR 46.8 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to EUR 2.6 billion, R&D expenses to EUR 4.7 billion. These figures include those for the high-tech polymers business, which was floated on the stock market as an independent company named Covestro on October 6, 2015. Find more information at www.cropscience.bayer.us.
AAW contact: Jenny Stelmach, Vice President of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.