2019 AAW’s Legislative Fly-In • June 9-12, 2019
Each year in June, American Agri-Women hosts a Legislative Fly-In for those interested to speak to their legislators, agencies, and other professionals in Washington D.C. about current agricultural issues and policies while relying upon your own opinions as well as AAW’s Position Statements. We also explore the city and its major historical sites.
- View the Save the Date Flyer
- Watch the Invitation Video
- View the 2019 Schedule (Subject to Change)
- Guide to Fly In – Please click here for a comprehensive guide to attending Fly-In.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to Lisa Campion, AAW Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fly-in Congressional Reception
- Reception to be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 from 4:30-6;30pm in the Longworth House Office Building. Please contact Lisa Campion at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- Plan Your Congressional Visits – Click here to learn how to plan your congressional visits.
- Champions of Agriculture – Please send nominations to President Jeanette Lombardo by April 30. Download Nomination Form.
Fly-in Presidential Reception
- Reception to be held on Monday, June 10, 2019 from 6-7:30pm at the Mayflower Hotel. Please contact Lisa Campion at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 from 9-11am at the Department of Interior.
- View the 2019 Schedule
- Please contact Lisa Campion at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- The 26th annual American Agri-Women Symposium will take place at the Department of Interior Auditorium in Washington, D.C. starting at 9 a.m. on June 10th. Panelists will present the challenges and opportunities of agriculturists’ ability to remain viable while dealing with current land, water and clean air regulations. ‘Federal Land Policy, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ is an opportunity for attendees and speakers to communicate regarding the responsible use of natural resources. The Department of Interior will provide a live webcast with closed captioning.
- Sunday, June 9, 2019 from 12:30-1:30pm.
- Please click here to learn more and to book the tour as prices vary per person so it has not been included in the registration.
- Register Online
- Download the Registration Form
- Early registration ends May 10, 2019. Registration ends May 24, 2019. There will be no on-site registration and no registrations taken after May 24, 2019 due to security requirements.
- Mail to American Agri-Women, 142 Oak Circle, Colchester, VT 05446 with a check.
- Hotel Information – Book your hotel by May 18, 2019 – Book Online Here! You can also call 877-212-5752 and reference American Agri-Women.
- Our Fly-In will be at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 20036-4301. The room rate is $304 per night for a one bedroom suite containing two queen beds for the nights of June 8-12, 2019. The hotel block cut-off date is May 18, 2019! If you need additional assistance, please call (202) 347-3000.
- The hotel offers ADA accessible rooms, please call to reserve your room early to ensure you are accommodated.
- The hotel check in time is 4pm and check out time is 11am.
- The hotel requires a room and incidental deposit in the amount which can be paid by cash or credit card. The deposit will be returned after 7-10 business days.
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy with the hotel to avoid extra charges. The room rate does not include DC sales tax, currently 14.8%. Reservations made after May 18 will be booked based on availability with the hotel.
- Complimentary wireless internet in guest rooms and breakfast is included.
- There is no airport shuttle. You can take a taxi, subway or rent a car.
- If you need to ship anything to the hotel, please send to: The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, ATTN: Your Name, June 8-12, 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 20036-4301.
Ground Transportation and Local Area Information
Thank you for your interest in American Agri-Women! If you would like more information please feel free to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org